I never really paid much attention to it until the episode 14 Candles, when she specifically says "it is a butterfly".
But to me, it doesn't look very much like one:
The picture on the left is where she's telling Nina and Alyson what it is.
The one on the right is the necklace seen in more detail.
Both these images are from 14 Candles.
Is there some reason why her necklace doesn't look like what she says it is? --Buckmana (talk) 01:22, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- The real world short answer is the animators and script writers were not working together. In-verse: perhaps "butterfly" is not the shape, but engraved on it. The latter being hard to see. --Love Robin (talk) 08:14, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- The Continuity Advisor stuffed up.
- Here is the actual necklace for real:
- I've seen this happen before a lot. I call it magic watch, because that's what you see it most commonly happen with in animation.
To explain, in any animated show, a character will only be wearing a watch when the scene specifically calls for them to look at it to check the time. Then it vanishes, never to be seen again. In the worst examples, the watch vanishes in the same scene when the camera angle shifts.
Which is what happens to this necklace, Sharon is only wearing it for the precise scene the script refers to it, then it vanishes.
I assume this is because animators don't like the extra effort of changing the default model and just don't bother to take things like this into account. --Buckmana (talk) 12:23, January 10, 2014 (UTC)
Does Sharon like Butterflies?
I was watching The Worst First Date Ever. Period. when I noticed Sharon's hairclip was different:It's shaped like a Butterfly.
Found another example, this is Sharon's cold weather top.
Note the presence of the Butterfly emblem.
- Another insight into Sharon which is worthy of a section or sub-section. --Love Robin (talk) 11:54, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
Added the Sharon Style section to her page.
I couldn't work out what to write in the text box, so used comment code to hide it for now.
If we find another theme, we can add it in that section.
A question, should we move the clothing descriptions from the main section to the Style Section?
I am finding irony in the fact that Evie is also fond of a Butterfly hairclip and she's not one of Sharon's favorite people, to put it mildly.--Buckmana (talk) 23:39, January 16, 2014 (UTC)